Tuesday, September 04, 2007
Shades of the Sudetenland, 1938
Gateway Pundit reports on a story I haven't seen from any mainstream media source. Iran's mullahs appear to be mulling an annexation of Bahrain. For those unfamiliar with the landscape of the Middle East, Bahrain is a sovereign country. They have also threatened the United Arab Emirates with -- in short -- a hostile takeover.
Furthermore, they have provided arms, training, and personnel to terrorists in Iraq and have sworn to do even more "to fill the gap" should the United States leave. Iran's track record isn't a good one, considering we've been at war since 1979 when they invaded our sovereign territory, the U.S. embassy in Tehran. The mullahs' record includes:
* Promising the destruction of "Anglo-Saxon" civilization (i.e., the United States and the U.K.)
* Committing to the destruction of the state of Israel ("disgraceful blot" that should be "wiped off the face of the earth")
* Funding Hezbollah and a multitude of other terrorist organizations, while acting as the world's leading clearinghouse of terrorism
* Building nuclear weapons in direct violation of UN resolutions
* Abusing women, homosexuals, minorities, and other groups using torture, hangings, floggings, beheadings, and similar crimes against humanity.
But to the nutroots and other victims of Bush Derangement Syndrome, George W. Bush is the only enemy worth discussing. One can only pray it doesn't take another conflagration on American soil to bring the left wing of the Democratic party back to reality.