Thursday, June 05, 2008

Barack Obama's not the person I once knew


Gateway Pundit:

Barack Obama on close friend and mentor Rev. Jeremiah Wright, April 29, 2008:

The person I saw yesterday was not the person that I met 20 years ago. His comments were not only divisive and destructive, but I believe that they end up giving comfort to those who prey on hate, and I believe that they do not portray accurately the perspective of the black church.

Barack Obama on close friend Fr. Pfleger, May 29, 2008:

As I have traveled this country, I've been impressed not by what divides us, but by all that that unites us. That is why I am deeply disappointed in Father Pfleger's divisive, backward-looking rhetoric, which doesn't reflect the country I see or the desire of people across America to come together in common cause.

Barack Obama on his church of 20 years, May 31, 2008:

I am not denouncing the church. I am not interested in people who want me to denounce the church because it's not a church worthy of denouncing. And so if they’ve seen caricatures of the church and accept those caricatures despite my insistence that's not what the church is about, then there's not much I can do about it.

Barack Obama on close friend Tony Rezko, June 4, 2008:

I’m saddened by today’s verdict. This isn’t the Tony Rezko I knew, but now he has been convicted by a jury on multiple charges that once again shine a spotlight on the need for reform. I encourage the General Assembly to take whatever steps are necessary to prevent these kinds of abuses in the future.

After his whimsical speech to AIPAC, Barack Obama was officially "un-endorsed" by Hamas.

"Obama’s comments have confirmed that there will be no change in the U.S. administration’s foreign policy on the Arab-Israeli conflict," Hamas official Sami Abu Zuhri [said], "...Hamas does not differentiate between the two presidential candidates... because their policies regarding the Arab-Israel conflict are the same and are hostile to us, therefore we do have no preference and are not wishing for either of them to win."

It doesn't take much to imagine Obama's reaction.

I’m saddened by today’s un-endorsement. This isn’t the Sami Abu Zuhri I knew, but it demonstrates the clear need for peace in the Middle East. I encourage Israel to give Hamas what it wants.

In all seriousness: is Obama just a poor judge of people? Or just a liar? You make the call.

Update: At LGF, Stuck-in-CA offers an insightful answer: "Both. He has to lie because he has such bad judgment in people, and because he can't admit that he's one of them in ideology. But birds of...". Bubbalouey had some similar thoughts.

No comments: