Wednesday, December 03, 2008
Larwyn's Link Kerplosion: A Straggler's Thanksgiving
• From the New York Landmarks Plot to the Mumbai Attack: "On the surface, last week’s attack on Mumbai was remarkable for its execution and apparently unconventional tactics. But when compared to a plot uncovered 15 years ago that targeted prominent hotels in Manhattan, it becomes apparent that the Mumbai attack was not so original after all."
• Indian officials will torture lone terrorist survivor for information. And if India's ACLU complains, they'll torture them too.
• Marathon Pundit's Obama-Chicago tour.
• What a coincidence! Decades of pursuing an ultra-liberal agenda and California declares a fiscal crisis!
• The Know Somethings
• Why did the chicken cross the road (as answered by politicians)?
• Out-Goring Gore: "Some scientists believe that an extreme cooling episode, potentially a mini-ice age, is imminent. Others think that it may already be under way."
• Google crunches numbers on clean-energy policy.
• 7 Historical Figures Who Were Absurdly Hard To Kill.
• Error message o' the day (seen on a near-daily basis in Microsoft Outlook 2003 when trying to accept a meeting): "You cannot respond to a meeting without an organizer. You must add an Organizer field to the item." Eh, the organizer sent me the meeting invitation! What the... ?