Wednesday, November 11, 2009

How bad IS the economy?


Tommy sent this one in:

The economy is so bad that I got a pre-declined credit card in the mail.

It's so bad, I ordered a burger at McDonalds and the kid behind the counter asked, "Can you afford fries with that?"

The economy is so bad if the bank returns your check marked "Insufficient Funds," you call them and ask if they mean you or them.

The economy is so bad Hot Wheels and Matchbox stocks are trading higher than GM.

The economy is so bad McDonalds is selling the 1/4 ounce burger.

The economy is so bad parents in Beverly Hills fired their nannies and learned their kids' names.

The economy is so bad several truckloads full of Americans were caught sneaking into Mexico.

The economy is so bad Dick Cheney took his stockbroker hunting.

The economy is so bad the Mafia is laying off judges.

The economy is so bad the trial lawyers laid off 25 Congressmen.

And finally...

Congress says they are looking into this Bernard Madoff scandal further.

Perfect! The guy who made $50 Billion disappear is being investigated by the people who made $1.5 Trillion disappear!

Update: Juandos adds a handful:

The economy is so bad, a picture is now only worth 200 words.

It's so bad, Snoop Dogg had to start eating regular brownies.

The economy is so bad, I saw the CEO of Wal-Mart shopping at Wal-Mart.

The economy is so bad, I went to my bank the other day and the teller handed me a note saying, "This is a robbery!"

The economy is so bad, Bill Gates had to switch to dial up.

The economy is so bad, Barack Obama changed his slogan to "Maybe We Can!"

The economy is so bad, my ATM gave me an IOU!

The economy is so bad that the highest-paying job in town is jury duty.

The economy is so bad I saw a man in Costco buying one roll of toilet paper.

The economy is so bad that I saw a van full of legal immigrants illegally crossing the border to Mexico...


No comments: