• Holder's Justice Department orchestrated "Operation Fast and Furious", which sent thousands of military-grade weapons to Mexican drug cartels and resulted in the killings of hundreds of Mexican nationals and at least two U.S. law enforcement personnel.
• Instead of owning up to the disastrous operation, the Holder DOJ has engaged in a massive cover-up including an endless series of fabrications, deflections and outright lies. Holder's behavior has been so outrageous that Judiciary Committee member James Sensenbrenner has threatened impeachment and more than 50 members of Congress have called for him to resign.
• Under Holder, the Justice Department is suing a series of states for enforcing immigration law -- while tolerating sanctuary cities in other states.
• The Holder DOJ has withheld and redacted critical evidence of Justice Elena Kagan's relationship with the defense of Obamacare, a potentially criminal matter.
• Furthermore, Holder has now confirmed that at least nine Department of Justice appointees worked directly or indirectly (e.g., filing Amicus Curae briefs) as terrorist advocates. Other DOJ political appointees also worked for law firms that participated indirectly in the defense of Gitmo terrorists.
• This comes on the heels of Holder's shocking failure to prosecute the New Black Panthers who intimidated voters at a Philadelphia polling station in 2008.
And Holder, of course, had a singularly evil track record that should have clearly warned Congress against his confirmation: he had helped free FALN terrorists for Bill Clinton in an apparent quid pro quo; he had approved the pardon of fugitive financier Marc Rich after his wife had donated millions to Bill Clinton; and he'd had deep involvement in a variety of other situations that should have disqualified him instantly from holding any public office.
Many months ago, Michelle Malkin helpfully reminded us of the list of Republicans who had voted to confirm Holder:
Voinovich and Specter no longer count, of course.
But the usual suspects -- Dick Lugar (up for reelection in 2012), Olympia Snowe (2012), Susan Collins (2014), Lindsay "Goober" Graham (2014), and John McCain all voted for Holder -- along with a bunch of more solid Republicans who definitely should have known better.
I urge you to remember these names and to support their primary opponents:
• Richard Mourdock is taking on Dick Lugar in Indiana
• Andrew Ian Dodge is facing off against Olympia Snowe in Maine
It's time to take action.