WIS-TV in Columbia, South Carolina reports the details of a major security breach on the main Obamacare website:
About a month ago, attorney Tom Dougall logged on to healthcare.gov to browse for cheaper insurance for him and his wife.
On Friday, the last thing he expected to hear on his voicemail was a man from North Carolina who says he can access all of Tom's personal information... Dougall says he thought it was a scam until he realized his privacy had been breached.
"I believe somehow the ACA, the Healthcare website has sent me your information, is what it looks like," said Justin Hadley, a North Carolina resident who could access Tom's information on healthcare.gov. "I think there's a problem with the wrong information getting to the wrong people."
..."I tried to call healthcare.gov last night and they have no procedure whatsoever to handle security breaches," he said. "All they can do is try to sell you a policy."
Dougall has also contacted his congressmen. He says he's calling the Department of Health and Human Services directly on Monday.
"They're so concerned with trying to fix the problems they currently have that they refuse to acknowledge or won't acknowledge that there's been a major breach," Dougall said...
This should come as no surprise for a website that was basically broken from the get-go.
Moments ago, CBS News's brilliant investigative reporter Sharyl Attkisson reported that "HealthCare.gov ducked final security requirements before launch":
The health care website went down again Monday for an hour and a half, and no one is sure why. It's being taken offline on purpose every night from 1 a.m. to 5 a.m. for repairs. Millions are still having trouble buying insurance on it, and it turns out that even when the website works, it may not be secure enough to protect privacy.
As HealthCare.gov was being developed, crucial tests to ensure the security and privacy of customer information fell behind schedule.
CBS News analysis found that the deadline for final security plans slipped three times from May 6 to July 16. Security assessments to be finished June 7 slid to August 16 and then August 23. The final, required top-to-bottom security tests never got done.
...[In fact,] four days before the launch, the government took an unusual step. It granted itself a waiver to launch the website with "a level of uncertainty ... deemed as a high (security) risk.
Let me guess: the loathsome and freakish architect of Obamacare named Ezekiel Emanuel will now blame the users themselves for the data breaches, just as he blames insurance companies and the private sector for his catastrophic, stillborn brainchild.
Hat tip: BadBlue News.

























