Snowe and Collins held the crucial swing votes for the Orwellian 'DISCLOSE Act', a blatant attempt by Democrats to squelch free speech. Thankfully, they voted the right way, but only after high drama (likely involving billions in
While Maine contributes only $6 billion annually to federal coffers, Snowe and Collins exhibit no qualms in spending the rest of the country's money. Or, rather, many subsequent generations' money, which will have to be repaid with interest.
Federal tax revenue (2007)
|Rank||State||Gross collections (2007)||Population (2007)||Revenue per capita|
- Voted YES on $192B additional anti-recession stimulus spending.(Jul 2009)
- Voted YES on modifying bankruptcy rules to avoid mortgage foreclosures. (May 2009)
- Voted YES on additional $825 billion for economic recovery package. (Feb 2009)
- Voted YES on $60B stimulus package for jobs, infrastructure, & energy. (Sep 2008)
- Voted YES on $2 billion more for Cash for Clunkers program. (Aug 2009)
- Voted YES on Congressional pay raise. (Jul 2009)
This is how Collins and Snowe maintain their power. They play footsy with Democrats in order to spend more and more of the taxpayers' money -- Collins is directly responsible for $377 million in pork over the last couple of years; Snowe is at $368 million.
This is why "moderate" Republicans must be primaried and defeated. The country is bankrupt. It can't afford any of this garbage. Yet Snowe and Collins -- vote after vote -- flirt with the radical leftists who control the Democrat Party. That's the same Democrat Party which appears to have launched a Kamikaze attack on the entire U.S. financial system.
The welfare state is dead. And, despite their high positions, Collins and Snowe appear to be the last so-called Republicans in the country to have received the memo.
Hat tip: K.