Wednesday, November 01, 2017

CHUTZPAH: Iran Directly Threatens U.S. Forces With Military Force in Middle East

By Darius Shahtahmasebi

On Tuesday, the head of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) said Iran has no need to increase the range of its ballistic missiles as they could already reach U.S. forces stationed throughout the Middle East region, according to Reuters.

Major General Mohammad Ali Jafari was responding to reports that President Trump is seeking to impose new sanctions against Iran’s missile program.

“Sanctions would only increase number of Iranian missiles, and their precision,” he warned.

“Our missiles’ range is 2,000 kilometers (1,200 miles), and that can be increased, but we believe this range is enough for the Islamic Republic as most of the U.S. forces and most of their interests in the region are within this range,” Jafari also reportedly said.

Missing from Reuters’ report is the fact that Iran already demonstrated its missile capability earlier this year when it launched several missiles into eastern Syria, allegedly in retaliation for an ISIS attack on Iranian soil on June 2, 2017.

According to the IRGC, as reported by CNN, the missiles were fired from bases in the Kermanshah province in western Iran. The strikes targeted ISIS forces in the Deir ez-Zor region, ISIS’ last remaining stronghold, where American-backed forces and Iranian-backed forces are currently fighting each other. There are at least 900 U.S. servicemen embedded with these forces in Syria.

In other words, Iran is not lying about its capacity to hit American servicemen and women at any given time. Arguably, Donald Trump is seeking to bring those soldiers’ lives into greater risk than they already are (via their illegal occupation of Syria) by drawing them into a wider regional confrontation with Iran.

Unsurprisingly, Jafari also lamented that these additional sanctions have nothing to do with regional security and are more aimed at trying to punish and weaken Iran as a state.



Joseph Kidd said...

The IRGC has a long history of direct threats against us. I tried documenting some of it while President Obama was negotiating his self-proclaimed "Historic Deal that Will Prevent Iran from Acquiring a Nuclear Weapon"! <-- not funny :(
From Feb2014 to Jan2016, fwiw:

Anonymous said...

Who are the authors kidding here. Who do you think is responsible for the repeated terrorist attacks in the West? Do they believe if American troops exited the Middle East these attacks would stop?

That Tehran would end their development of nuclear weapons and delivery systems?

The question we should be asking are what steps are being taken to develop an anti missile system and what steps are being put into place to eradicate the cancer that is Islam?

roth phallyka said...

Do they believe if American troops exited the Middle East these attacks would stop?