The Worst of Rosie O'Donnell, and that's saying something
Rosie O'Donnell represents a wonderful learning opportunity for children: shrill, stupid and wrong is no way to go through life.
Thanks to Lorie Byrd and the folks over at Newsbusters (hat tip: Larwyn), we've assembled a Rosie Hall of Shame. When put into the context of The View, it's no wonder ABC's rankings are sinking faster than Michael Moore's doughnut inventory.
• "And just one second, radical Christianity is just as threatening as radical Islam in a country like America."
• Claiming the U.S. Government orchestrated the 9/11 attacks: "...But I do believe the first time in history that fire has ever melted steel. I do believe that it defies physics for the World Trade Center Tower Seven, building seven, which collapsed in on itself, it is impossible for a building to fall the way it fell without explosives being involved, World Trade Center Seven... Seven, miraculously, for the first time in history, steel was melted by fire. It is physically impossible..."
• On 9/11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed: "Because you don't think terrorists, you don't think terrorists- you think that robs them of their humanity. That name "terrorist" makes them not human any more? ... But I just think, this man for whatever he did or didn't do, he is not the be all, end all of terrorism in America."
• On the British sailors held hostage by Iran: "But interesting with the British sailors, there were 15 British sailors and Marines who apparently went into Iranian waters and they were seized by the Iranians. And I have one thing to say: Gulf of Tonkin, Google it. Okay."… "In a no bid contract for 5 years Halliburton -- wait a second -- 16 billion dollars. You want to know why we would go into Iran? For the money. That's why we would do it."
• "Nearly everyone in this administration is under indictment or suspicion. Nearly every person. From Karl Rove to Rumsfeld to Gonzalez. What do you have to do to be impeached in this country?"
• On the U.S. Attorney firings: "Okay, Republican officials who supposedly called these judges that were fired and said, are you going to prosecute this Democratic, and they said, I can't talk about that because I'm actually a judge, and it's illegal. And they said "click," and they got fired."…That's mob tactics. That's Tony Soprano. We're going to lean on people. That's what the president's doing. That's scary.”
How did someone this ignorant land a co-host role on a mainstream morning news show? The answer is as much an indictment of the mainstream media as it is a testament to ABC's management abilities.