Friday, September 26, 2014

How CNN hypes a "proper" home invasion reaction

Alan Duke -- if that is his real name -- proffers the ludicrous CNN line for repelling a home invasion.

When Melora Rivera heard an intruder kicking the front door of her Venice, California, home Wednesday morning, her reaction was to jump out of bed and onto her roof.

"Once I saw him in the house, I knew that we both couldn't be there," Rivera told CNN TV affiliate KCAL/KCBS. "I knew that I didn't want to have a confrontation with him of any sort, you know, not knowing what his intention was."

Rivera, dressed only in a flannel shirt, used her cell phone to call police as the intruder also climbed onto the roof... "The drop is, I would guess, more than 20 feet," Rivera said. "So there was no safely jumping off the roof or coming down from the roof at that point."

A more rational home defense system would involve one (or preferably all) of the following.


Kind of like these brave ladies.


Hat tips: @KTLA and @MinuteManiac.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The lady of the house has a 38 but wants a 20 gauge. I think she should learn to handle a 5.56 rifle.

andy5759 said...

I live in England, I am a free born Englishman, a sovereign citizen. The only people here with guns are criminal criminals and guv'mint criminals. I might take up baseball.