Saturday, April 12, 2008

"I was born in a small town" as sung by the Obama family

 
Well, I'm no Don Surber, but here goes.

Well, I was born in a small town
been laid off in a small town
jobs are gone in a small town
Oh these are calamities

All my guns are so small town
My church is in the same small town
My fears are so small town
Provides little diversity

Indoctrinated in a small town
Taught to fear others in a small town
Antipathy in that small town
Another boring misogynist that's me

I been bitter in a small town
Called a quitter in a small town
Fell through the Bush economy in this small town
Chicken's come home to roost y'see

No, I cannot forget we are strugglin' and run down
I cannot forget scapin' by, my family
Yeah, we are just jammed up here in this small town
And doggone it, I'm young, just forty-four baby!

Got nothing against a big town
Except immigrants causin' low pay
No religion in the big town
Just us rednecks in a small town

Well, I was born in a small town
And taught to hate in a small town
Gonna die in this small town
Unless Obama comes to rescue me...

Linked by: Dr. Sanity's Carnival of the Insanities and Lynyrd Surber. Thanks! Major props to Just One Minute and Larwyn for the idea.

No comments: