Saturday, December 04, 2004

O'Reilly and Rumsfeld



Click here for AmazonWhen the history of the Republic is written, it is my opinion that Donald Rumsfeld will have his name listed with the greatest cabinet members ever involved with coordinating our national defense; in a list including Henry L. Stimson and Elihu Root.

BILL O'REILLY: ...I think the American people are very worried about Iran, don't you?

DONALD RUMSFELD: I do, I ...

BILL O'REILLY: I think the American people are very worried about Iran. They're harboring Al Qaeda, as you've pointed out. They're developing nuclear as you pointed out. Now we find out they got long-range missiles, I mean, the Israelis can't like that.

DONALD RUMSFELD: That's true.

BILL O'REILLY: So, what are the odds of us having to confront these people militarily?

DONALD RUMSFELD: Well, [SIGHS] I guess that's, those are calls for the President to, or for the, or for other leaders of other countries to make.

BILL O'REILLY: But we can't let a North Korea develop in Iran, can we?

DONALD RUMSFELD: Uh ...

BILL O'REILLY: Where they got nuclear weapons, we can't let that happen.

DONALD RUMSFELD: The um, the Iranians are making a lot of mistakes, let me just put it that way.

BILL O'REILLY: All right.

DONALD RUMSFELD: And they're notably unhelpful in Afghanistan and they're notably unhelpful in Iraq.

BILL O'REILLY: I'm going to take that as a, we can't let another North Korea develop in Iran.

DONALD RUMSFELD: I generally say roughly what I think. And I said they are being unhelpful...


O'Reilly and Rumsfeld

No comments: