Stefan Halper has been in the news recently as he was the one who reached out to George Papadopoulos in September 2016 to arrange a meeting in London.https://t.co/dmGd1NOtjH pic.twitter.com/Z37RT07tYZ— The_War_Economy (@The_War_Economy) March 26, 2018
Also, Palmer National Bank made loans to customs who then used it to channel the money to a Swiss bank account controlled by Colonel Oliver North, who then used the same bank account to provide military assistance to the contras.https://t.co/TQGjE9FXjJ pic.twitter.com/MmNg9o8CXz— The_War_Economy (@The_War_Economy) March 26, 2018
Apparently while working on H. W. Bush's Presidential campaign, a member of Halper's research staff was Robert Gambino, a veteran of the Central Intelligence Agency.https://t.co/cnqzCpJg6R pic.twitter.com/0dBXJ2MrA1— The_War_Economy (@The_War_Economy) March 26, 2018
Two months ago, Chuck Ross wrote about Halper's strange involvement with several members of the Trump campaign.
Halper’s September 2016 outreach to Papadopoulos wasn’t his only contact with Trump campaign members. The 73-year-old professor, a veteran of three Republican administrations, met with two other campaign advisers, The Daily Caller News Foundation learned.
Papadopoulos now questions Halper’s motivation for contacting him, according to a source familiar with Papadopoulos’s thinking. That’s not just because of the randomness of the initial inquiry but because of questions Halper is said to have asked during their face-to-face meetings in London. According to a source with knowledge of the meeting, Halper asked Papadopoulos: “George, you know about hacking the emails from Russia, right?”
Papadopoulos told Halper he didn’t know anything about emails or Russian hacking, said the source, who spoke on the condition of anonymity due to the sensitivity of the investigations into Russian meddling in the 2016 campaign. The professor did not follow up on the line of inquiry...
...Halper met campaign foreign policy adviser Carter Page at a July 2016 symposium held at Cambridge regarding the upcoming election, Page told TheDCNF. The pair remained in contact for several months.
Halper also requested and attended a one-on-one meeting with another senior Trump campaign official, TheDCNF learned. That meeting was held a day or two before Halper reached out to Papadopoulos. Halper offered to help the campaign but did not bring up Papadopoulos, even though he would reach out to the campaign aide a day or two later.
Austin Frank concludes
Seems like Halper was trying to cultivate a relationship with Papadopolous and get the latter to spill the beans on alleged Trump-Russia collusion.
Bottom line: The Obama FBI infiltrated the Trump campaign with a spy.
If it’s [only] Halper, then the spy was obviously not remotely close to Donald Trump himself, and so the effect of the spying was probably minimal. Unless we find out that the spy [or other spies] was someone in the inner circle of the campaign, it’s unlikely that the spy was passing any valuable information on to the Obama FBI.
But that’s not the point. The point is the extent to which the Obama FBI went to snoop and spy on Donald Trump during the 2016 campaign.
And... from Jacob Wohl:
HUGE! Federal Records reveal that Obama, Clapper and Brennan Paid Stefan Halper $282,295 to SPY ON THE TRUMP CAMPAIGN! pic.twitter.com/GoCeIMYCOW— Jacob Wohl (@JacobAWohl) May 11, 2018
Here's what we know for certain.
1. The Obama administration weaponized the IRS against its political opponents
2. Senior-level officials in the Obama DOJ and FBI whitewashed the Clinton email investigation, losing key evidence, allowing the destruction of evidence, and offering blanket immunity for all involved
3. Illegal surveillance of American citizens using the FISA process was conducted hundreds or thousands of times by the Obama administration, including -- unbelievably -- giving access to non-government contractors (until shut down by Admiral Mike Rogers of the NSA)
4. Senior-level officials in the Obama DOJ and FBI conspired to influence the 2016 election and, failing that, invented an "insurance policy" in the form of manufactured "evidence" of Russian "collusion" to force the resignation or impeachment of President Trump.
5. The "insurance policy" finally emerged in the form of illegally leaked, classified memos by former FBI director James Comey who has admiitted he sought the naming of a special counsel to investigate the very same "collusion" organized by the Obama DOJ/FBI/CIA.
Americans of every political stripe should stand together to destroy the weaponization of our intelligence assets, hunting every one of these criminals down and prosecuting them.
Hat tip: BadBlue Uncensored News