Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Transcript: Gen. Petraeus' testimony and Sen. Clinton

 
The overall number of security incidents in Iraq has declined in eight of the past 12 weeks, with the number of incidents in the last two weeks at the lowest levels seen since June 2006.

One reason for the decline in incidence is that coalition and Iraqi forces have dealt significant blows to al Qaeda Iraq. Though al Qaeda and its affiliates remain dangerous, we have taken away a number of their sanctuaries and gained the initiative in many areas.

We have also disrupted Shiite militia extremists, capturing the head and numerous other leaders of the Iranian-supportive special groups, along with a senior Lebanese Hezbollah operative supporting Iran's activities in Iraq --

I have a question...

Yes, Madame Senator?

Petraeus, are you a liar???

Excuse me?

Is it true your real name isn't Petraeus? That it's Betrayed-us??

Do you really think you can get away with just reading Bush's talking points??

Madame Senator, I don't -

I'm sorry, I'm sorry... so very, very sorry...

...my deepest apologies.

...that's the MoveOn.org money talking, that's not me.

Dammit, she used all of my questions!

Photo credits: Yahoo News (Jason Reed of Reuters)

No comments: