Democratic donor and part-time fugitive Norman Hsu was a no-show at his bail hearing, which isn't a great strategy for getting one's bail reduced.
Federal Election Commission records show Hsu donated $260,000 to various Democratic groups and candidates since '04. Hsu's also been a major backer of Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama.
Hsu's attorney, Jim Brosnahan, is mystified as to his client's whereabouts.
|"Mr. Hsu is not here and we do not know where Mr. Hsu is," Brosnahan said outside court. Brosnahan said that "there was some contact" with Hsu a few hours before the scheduled 9 a.m. court appearance, but he declined to say how and who talked to Hsu.|
Hsu adds to the Clintons' burgeoning record book (hat tip: Gateway Pundit):
|* Number close to the Clinton machine who have been convicted of or pleaded guilty to crimes: 44|
* Number of convictions during his administration: 33
* Number of indictments/misdemeanor charges: 61
* Number of imprisonments: 14
* Number of presidential impeachments: 1
* Number of independent counsel investigations: 7
* Number of congressional witnesses pleading the 5th Amendment: 72
* Number of witnesses fleeing the country to avoid testifying: 17
* Number of foreign witnesses who have declined interviews by investigative bodies: 19
The Clinton machine now holds the record for the administration with:
* The most number of convictions and guilty pleas
* The most number of cabinet members to come under criminal investigation
* The most number of witnesses to flee the country or refuse to testify
* The most number of key witnesses to die suddenly
* The greatest amount of illegal campaign contributions
* The greatest amount of illegal campaign contributions from abroad.
Hey, check it out! That item in red looks like it's about to change! That crazy, whacky Hsu!
The Clintons must be so proud... they've established some records that will never be broken. Kind of like Dimaggio's hitting streak, only involving criminals and not baseballs.
Photo credit: Steve Schwartz
Post a Comment