Not really. But since Columbia decided to offer a free public relations coup for genocidal maniac Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, I figured they'd publish a magazine for him as well. How off-kilter has the MorOn.org crowd become? One Cosmos offers a stellar synopsis of the irrationality endemic to the left (hat tip: Larwyn).
|...the normal train of leftist logic would be ROTC --> Don't ask, Don't tell policy --> Homophobia --> Get off our campus, fascists! But Ahmadinejad -- whose government's policy toward homosexuals is [we'll execute you] -- is given a pass because he shares the left's passionate hatred of America and of President Bush. Their interests converge in the deep, symmetrical unconscious. Ironically, it is obvious that Ahmadinejad is much more conscious of this than the left to which his manipulative talking points are tailored. You might say that he is consciously speaking to the left's unconscious, pushing every one of their happy buttons he can think of.|
Don't believe me?
Daily Kos: 45% Want Ahmadinejad As US President
Daily Kos: I Am a Jewish Lesbian, and I Have a Crush on Ahmadinejad
"... the guy speaks some blunt truths about the Bush Administration that make me swoon... Okay, I admit it. Part of it is that he just looks cuddly. Possibly cuddly enough to turn me straight. I think he kind of looks like Kermit the Frog. Sort of. With smaller eyes.... I can’t help but be turned on by his frank rhetoric calling out the horrors of the Bush Administration and, for that matter, generations of US foreign policy preceding...."
For the left, it is always feelings, nothing more than feelings....
But always with a reality-flattening dose of unconscious logic.
OC posted a little too early to catch another brain-dead Kosian post:
* Daily Kos: Ahmadinejad 'Sounds Entirely Too Reasonable'
|No wonder those that are beating the war drums against Iran didn’t want Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to speak any place American [sic] might hear him. Thanks to Columbia University and CPAN [sic] he was heard by many. He sounds entirely to [sic] reasonable. Hearing his own word doesn’t help the cause of demonizing him as a madman and the most recent [sic] Hitler. This is someone we definitely should be talking to... in the interest of promoting peace and knowledge...|
Yup. Peace and knowledge.
The dictator who flogs and executes homosexuals, who stones women for adultery, and who outlaws the practice of religions other than Islam has said peaceful, knowledgeable things like:
* Death to America: "I say accomplishment of a world without America and Israel is both possible and feasible."
* Death to Israel: "The efforts to stabilize Israel’s fraudulent regime have failed. Believe me, soon this regime will be no longer... Today, there is no reason left for it to remain, and it is about to disappear. ...[Israel is a] disgraceful blot [that should be] wiped off the face of the earth..."
* Holocaust is a Myth: "They have invented a myth that Jews were massacred... The West has given more significance to the myth of the genocide of the Jews... If you have burned the Jews, why don't you give a piece of Europe, the United States, Canada or Alaska to Israel."
* Nuclear threats: "Anybody who recognizes Israel will burn in the fire of the Islamic nation's fury... Remove Israel before it is too late and save yourself from the fury of regional nations... As it has lost its raison d' tre, Israel will be annihilated... Israel is a tyrannical regime that will one day will be destroyed... Israel is a rotten, dried tree that will be annihilated in one storm."
* Messianic Delusions: "...one of our group told me that when I [spoke at the UN and said] "In the name of God the almighty and merciful," he saw a light around me, and I was placed inside this aura. I felt it myself. I felt the atmosphere suddenly change, and for those 27 or 28 minutes, the leaders of the world did not blink. … And they were rapt. It seemed as if a hand was holding them there and had opened their eyes to receive the message from the Islamic republic..."
Reasonable. Peaceful. Knowledgeable. Daily Kos has turned into a sick joke. One wonders whether a nuclear detonation in Berlin, London, Tel Aviv or San Francisco would even get their attention.
Post a Comment