Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Dear Tim Townsend, attached please find glossary of blog terms

 
Dear Tim, I know the idea of new media is strange and frightening. I've therefore attached a detailed set of instructions for using blogs with helpful definitions of key terms.

1: Blog - this is the title of the blog

2: Blog post - this is an article posted by the "blogger"; click on the headline of the post to see additional detail

3 - this is the "Comments" section, where registered users can respond to blog posts

4 - this is the first comment among hundreds that may appear within an article's detail page

5 - just seeing if you're paying attention, Tim. There is no #5.

* * *

I didn't memorize Charles Johnson's conversation with Mr. Townsend ("Tim Townsend's Temper Tantrum"), but it went something like this.

Dear Tim,

In the future, I would appreciate it if you could contact me first if you're going to publicly cast aspersions on my website. I'd like an opportunity to at least present my side.

Thanks, Charles
Charles,

I know you are, but what am I?

Tim

If he is representative of the technical know-how possessed by legacy media, I'd recommend Mr. Townsend surf over to CareerBuilder to pursue a new line of work. Assuming he can use Google to find it, that is.

Back story:
• LGF: St. Louis Papers Shill for CAIR

• Gateway Pundit: St. Louis Post-Dispatch Spins for CAIR

• Cristi Li: Holy Land Foundation Retrial Date Scheduled

• Matthew Sheffield at Newbusters: Bashing LGF, St. Louis Paper Shills for Islamic Group

• LawHawk's Blowback

• St. Louis Today Forums: Islamic Prayer Tower Rises in South St. Louis City

No comments: