Thursday, February 14, 2008
Larwyn's Links: David Schuster - eat your heart out!
Larwyn writes a relaxed, thankful note, rightfully celebrating the death of Imad Mughniyeh from natural causes. Natural, that is, for a bloodthirsty mass-murderer.
• Catfight! Maureen Dowd asserts that Hillary's failure is no litmus test for female candidates. Meeoooow!! Most guys love watching catfights, but... Hillary and MoDo? More of a cellulitefight than a catfight.
• We're sinking! Throw some metaphors off the boat! Democrat strategist Jim Duffy states that, "If Obama continues to win . . . the whole raison d'etre for her campaign falls apart and we'll see people running from her campaign like rats on a ship."
• Gaius snarks a pithy smackdown: "Hillary and Bill Clinton will never be able to pull a Sally Fields and announce that people like them. Because people don't."
• More proof that self-deportation works: "Arizona became the first state to require all employers to confirm workers' legal status via the federal "E-Verify" system... After just six weeks, Arizona's system is already working: Newspapers in the state report that illegals are self-deporting by the thousands. Apartment complexes in Phoenix and Tucson confirm that thousands of tenants have skipped town. Many are returning across the border to Mexico... This success is proof that attrition through enforcement works." Enforcement works? Who knew?
• AJ Strata asks: Are we seeing Reagan Democrats become McCain Democrats? AJ also has a must-read take on Obama's vote to protect terrorists from surveillance.