This video -- presumably made for a very, very, very liberal audience -- is evidence that Barack Obama is ill-prepared, at best, to serve as America's Commander-in-Chief.
The video should be called The Obama Plan to disarm America. In the video, Obama states:
|...I will cut investments in unproven [sic] missile defense systems...|
...I will not weaponize space...
...I will slow development of Future Combat Systems...
...and I will institute a "Defense Priorities Board" to [prevent] unnecessary spending...
...I will set a goal of a world without nuclear weapons...
...and to seek that goal, I will not develop nuclear weapons...
...I will seek a global ban on the development of fissile material...
...and I will negotiate with Russia to take our ICBMs off hair-trigger alert...
...and to achieve deep cuts in our nuclear arsenals...
Translation: Unilateral Disarmament. If Barack Obama believes that evil, despotic regimes can be trusted to disarm themselves, he's not suited to be a Senator, much less President.
It didn't work with North Korea. It didn't work with Iraq. And it's not working with Iran.
Net result: The United States would be powerless; left at the mercy of China, Iran and Russia.
But then, Obama's voting record reflects that:
· Voted against extending the Bush tax cuts on capital gains and dividends.
· Voted against permanently repealing the Death Tax. (Called the cuts a "Paris Hilton" tax break for "billionaire heirs and heiresses")
· Voted against CAFTA.
· Voted YES on raising the minimum wage to $7.25 rather than $6.25.
· Opposed the lifting of $0.54 per gallon tariff on cheaper Brazillian ethanol. Said, "ethanol imports are neither necessary nor a practical response to current gasoline prices."
· Voted against the bankruptcy abuse bill.
· Opposes privatizing Social Security
· Voted against drilling in ANWR.
· Voted against confirmation of Sam Alito and John Roberts as chief justice.
· Voted against extending the PATRIOT Act's wiretap provision.
· Opposed any bans on partial birth abortions.
Update: Gateway Pundit is covering the debate and reports there have been no chokings or stabbings (thus far).
Update II: Reliapundit posted regarding the same video... at almost the exact same time!