1. The Application Lied About Carter PageCarter Page is described as "an agent of a foreign power", which was and is clearly not the case. Carter Page is walking around free as a bird, giving interviews to anyone who asks, and stating that the FBI lied about him repeatedly.
2. The Application Contradicts Itself From the Outset
After describing Page as an agent of a foreign power, the application goes on to say that Page is currently the subject of "targeted recruitment" by Russia. How can it be that Page is simultaneously: (a) a clandestine agent of Russia; and (b) being recruited by Russia to serve as an agent? Obviously, these assertions are sloppy, nonsensical and -- ultimately -- flat-out lies.
3. Christopher Steele Lied About Page
The DNC-funded former MI6 agent Christopher Steele told the FBI that Page had met with two Russian officials during his visit to Russia. Steele went on to say that Page had been offered compromising material on the Clinton 2016 campaign. Page denies all of this -- the meetings and being offered kompromat -- and the fact that Page has never been charged with anything would indicate that Steele fabricated the story and then lied to the FBI about it.
4. The FBI failed to disclose that Clinton/DNC was funding Steele's work
The FISA application notes an "identified U.S. person" (Fusion GPS's Glenn Simpson) and "Source #1" (Christopher Steele) but never disclosed the fact that the DNC and the Clinton campaign had funded -- through the law firm of Perkins Coie -- Steele's activities. The application instead tosses an oblique reference to Simpson's motivation ("was likely looking for information that could be used to discredit [Trump's] campaign"). In other words, the FBI hid from the court the fact that the Democrat apparatus was funding Steele's activities and that all of his work product needed to be viewed through the lens of a partisan hit-job.
5. A Circle of Laundered Lies
The application goes on to reference a Michael Isikoff article in Yahoo! News that described Page's alleged activities and possible collusion by the Trump campaign with Russia. This information is treated as a separate piece of evidence in the bogus application, but was just laundered material from Steele to Isikoff.
6. Comey Lied, Justice Died
James Comey signed off on the first bogus FISA application, which he clearly knew was built on a foundation of lies.
7. The Application Lied About Steele and the Press
The FBI knew that Perkins Coie was a cutout for the Democrat Party and the Clinton campaign. They knew the firm had hired Fusion GPS and Glenn Simpson. They also knew that Simpson had engaged Steele to manufacture the bogus "dossier". The FBI later terminated its relationship with Steele after determining that he had leaked information to the press. Yet on the very same page, the FBI states that Steele "did not directly provide this information to the press."
As Sean Davis observes:
...the DOJ and FBI falsely attested to the FISA court not once, not twice, not thrice, but four (!) separate times that Steele was not the source of Isikoff's September 23 article, which DOJ used to corroborate claims from Steele's dossier. In fact, Steele was the only source...
The released FISA applications make clear that DOJ and FBI literally used fake news funded by a campaign opposition research arm to spy on their political opponents.
8. Comey Knowingly Lied to the FISA CourtFBI director James Comey certified the accuracy and completeness of the FISA application targeting Carter Page by signing the document. He essentially stated that the Steele Dossier was verified as true. He lied. Because just a few months later, he stated -- under oath -- that the Dossier was "salacious and unverified".
Comey has, it would appear, committed a very serious crime.
A Sloppy and Stupid Hit Job by the Obama Administration
How could a FISA application be this sloppy, this nonsensical, this criminal and idiotic?
The answer is simple:
They. Thought. Hillary. Would. Win.
The entire Mueller special counsel was predicated upon a mountain of lies. It needs to be terminated today.
This is the greatest political scandal in American history.
And we've only seen the tip of the iceberg.
Hat tip: BadBlue Uncensored News. Also see: The Timeline of Treason.