Wednesday, January 11, 2017

TRUMP OR THE STING? I'm putting half a million dollars on Lucky Dan to win, third race at Riverside Park

It's like a plot twist out of Game of Thrones, only this time it's the reality show occurring in Washington, D.C., as the alt-left goes kicking and screaming into this good night.

If this went down as reported, it's pretty damn brilliant.

President-elect Donald Trump, after growing suspicious that intelligence officials were leaking news about their classified briefings with him, says he conducted a sting operation to try to prove top spies were behind the leaks.

Trump revealed the extraordinary scheme to try to entrap the senior spies in a furious press conference where he suggested the intelligence community had been behind salacious and totally unproven allegations against him.

‘I think it’s pretty sad when intelligence reports get leaked out to the press. First of all, it’s illegal. These are classified and certified meetings and reports,’ Trump said during a press conference at Trump Tower – his first since getting elected.

Then he revealed the details of the stealthy sting he says he conducted on the nation’s senior spooks.

‘I’ll tell you what does happen. I have many meetings with intelligence. And every time I meet, people are reading about it,' Trump said, possibly referencing reports on his classified briefings, which he has chosen not to receive daily.

President-elect Donald Trump said he set a trap for his intelligence briefers and that they fell for it by leaking word of a classified briefing he had with them

President-elect Donald Trump said he set a trap for his intelligence briefers and that they fell for it by leaking word of a classified briefing he had with them

'Somebody’s leaking them out,’ Trump said, after inveighing against leaks generally.

‘So I said, "Maybe it’s my office. Maybe my office." Because I’ve got a lot of people … Maybe it’s them?’

‘What I did, is I said I won’t tell anyone. I’m going to have a meeting, and I won’t tell anybody about my meeting with intelligence,’ Trump continued.

He even shielded one of his closest aides from word of the meeting.

‘Nobody knew – not even Rhoda, my executive assistant for years. She didn’t know – I didn’t tell her. Nobody knew,’ Trump continued.

Having set the trap, Trump says the word leaked anyway

‘The meeting was held. They left, and immediately the word got out that I had a meeting. So, I don’t want that. It’s very unfair to the country. It’s very unfair to our country what’s happening,’ he said.


Of course, this is a man who has been consistently underestimated by his opponents for quite some time.

If you do so, as he has again proven, it's at your own peril.

Hat tip: The amazing BadBlue News Service.
 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

"...ya folla'??...

Dymphna said...

There is something ingenuous about this billionaire that leads those inside the Elite Bubbles to underestimate him. Repeatedly.

Not only this sting op, but the fact that CNN thought he'd take a question from them at his press conference. CLUELESS.

Gonna be a bumpy ride, but the Donald has built in springs - his is gonna be smooth.

With those thousands of people lined up to ruin him, will one missle get through? Hard to say, given the fact that they're all ruining their own reputations. There is some vanishing point of credibility that, should they EVER come up with a real fact, their Cry Wolf act will make the rest of us roll our eyes.

So what happened to the 25% of the permanent D.C. bureaucracy who said they'd leave govt "service" if Trump were elected?? Glad I didn't hold my breath on that one.

Unknown said...

Lincoln, Eisenhower, Nixon, Reagan and now Trump....the way to beat the American left is for highly intelligent men to pretend they are dumb. They fall for it Every. Single. Time.