1. The labor force participation rate, which tracks the percentage of working age Americans who are employed (source: http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS11300000):
2. Retail gas prices, the national average price-per-gallon as compiled by GasBuddy.com (source: http://www.gasbuddy.com/gb_retail_price_chart.aspx?time=24):
3. Medicare Reimbursements to Health Providers Have Been Slashed Since the Passage of Obamacare: by slashing payments to health care providers, costs are shifted to private insurers (source: Price Waterhouse Coopers Health). According to PWC, employer health costs are expected to rise an astonishing 8.5 percent nationally in 2012 (source: http://www.pwc.com/us/en/press-releases/2011/employer-medical-costs-expected-to-increase.jhtml).
4. Gold prices have skyrocketed since the President's Stimulus package was passed: as a measure of real inflation, many economists believe gold represents an excellent measure of the strength of the dollar. Because of the never-before-seen trillion-dollar annual deficits (and lack of budgets) since the 111th Congress and President Obama took office, rising gold prices represent an attendant weakness in the U.S. dollar (source: http://www.kitco.com/scripts/hist_charts/yearly_graphs.plx.
5. The 2009 Stimulus Package was built into the baseline budget - this recurring expenditure has become the cause of the largest budget deficits in American history.
All of these graphs (and many more, like food stamp distribution and unpaid "green energy" loans) collectively represent why President Obama only talks about the future. His new slogan -- Forward -- is a tacit reminder not to look back!
There are trillions of reasons the President doesn't want to look back. Instead, he must promise more Utopian fantasies in the hope that enough Americans will fall for the same, 2008-era rhetoric all over again.
I urge you to share these five graphs with your friends, your family members and colleagues -- especially those who are uninterested in politics or otherwise disengaged. This election is about you. It is about individual sovereignty and containing government. It is about saving this Republic.