Elizabeth Warren is the Democrat Senatorial candidate from Massachusetts running against Scott Brown. Her recent claim to be 1/32nd Native American was met with well-deserved derision. And her submission of five recipes to the 1984 Pow Wow Chow cookbook -- including "Crab with Tomato Mayonnaise Dressing" -- spawned some of the funniest Ace o' Spades comment threads in recent memory.
• "Cherokee had mayonnaise? They kept in the fridge, right?" --CUS
• "She remembers sitting around the teepee listening to her great grandfather, Dances With Mayonaisse, tell exciting stories of the great crab herds." --Walrus Rex
• "#CherokeeCrabRecipes ... Don't know if that's there, but it might be good." --CUS
• "The title of the cookbook is offensive, too. If she was claiming to be Asian, would she title the cookbook Ching Chong Chow? Of course not." --Soothsayer
• "When the crab herds were spotted on the plains, all of the warriors would swing on to the backs of their ponies and chase the herd. They would fiercely grasp the ponies between their thighs so both hands could be free to shoot arrows into the running crabs." --Walrus Rex
• "Hey, we bought that recipe off 'em for a bunch of beads." --The French
• "I can assure with complete authority that freshwater crabs and mayonnaise were widely available before teh White Man gave smallpox to all of the Indigenous Peoples of America." --MFM
• " I tried to order the cold omelets with crab meat at a Cherokee restaurant but I couldn't get a reservation." --Walrus Rex
• "Remember that scene in Dances With Wolves where Kevin Costner's character sat down with the Indians to a meal of Quenelles de Brochet with Seafood Risotto and Lobster Foam, paired with a nice bottle of slightly chilled Meursault-Perrières?" --Albie Damned
• "You forgot the tiramisu." --Mama AJ
• "This is what Cherokees ate traditionally: Squid ravioli in lemon grass broth, goat cheese profiteroles and arugula Caesar salad, swordfish meatloaf with onion marmalade, rare roasted partridge breast in raspberry coulis with a sorrel timbale and, of course, grilled free-range rabbit with herbed french fries." --rdbrewer
Thanks for throwing us so much love, Doug. These are hilarious and I'd missed them over on the HQ!
Ridicule works for me.
Post a Comment