Top 8 Media Mulligans of 2005
The invaluable NewsBusters crew has awarded its Top 8 Media Mulligans of 2005. A "media mulligan" is similar to its cousin from the game of golf: pretend what happened really didn't, though everyone knows it did.
The winners include:
1. The utter failure of the UN
2. Hillary Clinton - handle with kid-gloves only
3. Politicians on boths sides of the aisle aren't taken to task over the Border Problem
4. Iraq - the untold stories...
|[Iraq reporting] can be summed up with one little paragraph from a story buried in the back of a single San Francisco Chronicle.|
I'll assume those are the same biological and chemical weapons that never existed.
5. They ought to print the The New York Times on plexiglass, because their anti-administration agenda is just that transparent
6. Fair Tax - a NYT best-seller, but you wouldn't know it by the (lack of) media coverage
7. Free Speech - no longer tolerated in certain circles
8. The Economy - shhhhhh... the economy is kickin' butt and takin' names.
Need I even say it? Read the whole thing™.