If Trump's sharp right turn and populist rhetoric were ratings ploys, they were -- like his thrice bankrupt casinos -- monumental failures.
"Celebrity Apprentice" viewers are the most Democratic in primetime TV.
...the audience for "Celebrity Apprentice" is among the most liberal in primetime television (see graphic above). Rather than add viewers, Trump foolishly appears to be driving them away...
Trump's ratings have clearly dropped. The fall-off has been especially pronounced over the last few weeks, a period that coincides with Trump's emphasis on Obama's birth certificate. "Something is definitely going on there," another media buyer told me. "He's dropped -- and that's a big f***ing dip." Given the liberal skew of Trump's viewership, that dip might not be surprising.
The Republicans flirting with Trump ought to remember his history:
• He was pro-choice a few years ago; now he's pro-life
• He donated $50,000 to the malevolent Rahm Emanuel's mayoral campaign
• He also donated to the ludicrous Marxists Chucky "Schmucky" Schumer and Anthony's Weiner in the last election cycle
• Just a few years ago, he wanted George W. Bush impeached
• He's done absolutely nothing to support the Tea Party over the last two years
• And, despite virtually the entire House GOP's support for Paul Ryan's Budget plan, Chump portrays it as 'too extreme'
We don't need P.T. Barnum in the White House. We need a Constitutional conservative -- in the worst way. And Donald Chump ain't it.
Hat tip: Mark Levin.