A search for hate speech on the Internet finds the following
• Israel's bad faith (Truthdig)
• Ignore AIPAC at America's Peril (Antiwar)
• Who's afraid of the big, bad Israel lobby? (HuffPo)
• America's shame: Israel (OpEdNews)
• Obama takes on the Israel Lobby (Antiwar)
• American Street is upset about Israel (Mondoweiss)
• The Smearjob On the Durban World Conference Against Racism (Creative-i)
• How Israel avoids the obvious Palestinian solution (Antiwar)
• Criminalizing Criticism of Israel (Progressive Mind)
So to think like a "progressive", you have to support every oppressed minority on the face of the Earth (except one), even illegal aliens who commit felonies against American citizens. For example, President Obama just eradicated $400 million in funding for a well-regarded program that compensates states and cities for jailing illegals who've commited multiple crimes.
But supporting a tiny Democratic country -- a diverse beacon of hope in a Middle East rife with tyrants and oppressive governments; a staunch ally of the U.S.; and a last refuge for a people victimized by genocidal regimes for two millenia -- is intolerable!
Trying to follow the logic of the "progressive" mind seems to me to be similar to untangling a dozen extension cords while eating super-cheesy thick-crust pizza. Come to think of it, that may have been what Michael Moore was doing last night.
Hint: Commenter Jack P. suggests expanding search criteria "to also include 'Catholic' and 'Pope' [and] the list of lefty blogs eschewing hatred will explode exponentially."
Update: CAMERA asks, "Has the Huffington Post Become a Magnet for Israel Haters?" It's a rhetorical question.