Thursday, May 14, 2009

Exclusive: Nancy Pelosi's Address to CIA Employees


Junior Cub Reporter Biff Spackle secured an exclusive copy of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's speech to CIA employees.

People, we live in a world that has rules and those rules need to be enforced by Members of Congress and their staffers . Who's gonna do it? You? You, DCI Panetta? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom.

You weep for the victims of 9/11 and curse the terrorists; you have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that those victims' deaths, while tragic, probably saved lives and that my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves terrorists from illegal torture.

You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties you want me in Congress, you need me in Congress.

We use words like tax, spend, entitlement and "investment". We use them as the backbone of a life trying to keep our power. You use them as a punchline.

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to men and women who rise and sleep under the blanket of the very money I provide and then question the manner in which I provide it.

I would rather you just said "thank you," and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest that you pick up a ballot and cast a vote. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

We can't handle the truth.



Linked by: Sheikh. Thanks!

No comments: