BUMPED. The American Thinker's Rosslyn Smith points us to some excellent advice from The Philadelphia Bulletin's James G. Wiles:
And now, a thought experiment: what would Rahm Emanuel do if he had Congressman John Boehner's job as House Minority Leader?
That's easy. Put as many long-range torpedoes into the water aimed at Senator Obama's ship of state before Republicans lose control of the Executive Branch as possible. Here are a few:
1. Appoint U.S. Attorney for the Northern District of Illinois Patrick Fitzpatrick as a special prosecutor so he can pursue his investigation of Tony Rezko and his corrupt dealings with Illinois's governor and other creatures and spoilsmen of the Daley Machine. This will make it politically difficult for a President Obama to pardon Mr. Rezko and impossible for him to terminate Mr. Fitzpatrick as a federal officer come January 21 as a way of de-railing this investigation.
2. Appoint a special prosecutor to investigate ACORN's voter registration methods and its dealings with the Obama campaign.
3. Appoint a special prosecutor to investigate the Obama campaign's on-line fundraising operation, including its disabling of the credit card security software on its on-line donations system. File a complaint with the Federal Election Commission regarding same.
4. Appoint a bipartisan (love that word!) presidential commission to review the candidates' fundraising in this election cycle and to recommend changes in federal election laws.
5. File ethics complaints against Sen. Chris Dodd and Congressman Barney Frank for their relationship with Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and Countrywide Mortgage.
Be it noted that, in his day, this is probably what Newt Gingrich would have done, too. It was then-Congressman Gingrich's persistent filing of ethics complaints against then-House Speaker Jim Wright, D Texas, which eventually brought Speaker Wright down and made possible the Republicans' re-taking of Congress in 1994 on the platform of the Contract with America.
Let's do this! It's time to stop playing patty-cake with the likes of ACORN, the
Contact House Minority Leader John Boehner and tell him to get to steppin'. Email: AsktheLeader@mail.house.gov. Phone: (202) 225-6205.
Contact Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell and tell him to get crackin' as well. Email: Contact Form. Phone: (202) 224-2541.
Call, email, then call again!