Thursday, November 20, 2008
Larwyn's Link Kerplosion: Blood, Sweat and Crossword Puzzles
• Media Research Center: Barack Obama's Margin of Victory
• Ace of Spades: Flashback: Billions Paid to Keep 12,000 Downsized UAW Workers Paid, But Not Working, Unless You Consider Doing a Crossword Puzzle all Day "Working":
Ken Pool is making good money. On weekdays, he shows up at 7 a.m. at Ford Motor Co.'s Michigan Truck Plant in Wayne, signs in, and then starts working -- on a crossword puzzle. Pool hates the monotony, but the pay is good: more than $31 an hour, plus benefits.
"We just go in and play crossword puzzles, watch videos that someone brings in or read the newspaper," he says. "Otherwise, I've just sat."
Pool is one of more than 12,000 American autoworkers who, instead of installing windshields or bending sheet metal, spend their days counting the hours in a jobs bank set up by Detroit automakers and Delphi Corp. as part of an extraordinary job security agreement with the United Auto Workers union...
• The Anchoress: Bush was Right. Victorious, too.
• Gateway Pundit: White House declares strategic victory in Iraq. Shhhh. No one tell Helen Thomas, you'll just upset her.
• Jules Crittenden: War's Over Indicator No. 52: $3 billion subway planned for Baghdad.
• Elder of Ziyon: Tolerance of others
• A Blog for All: What Zawahiri has done by insulting President-Elect Obama
• American Digest: Dear Whole Foods, We're through. It's not me. It's you.
• Parkway Rest Stop: Ultimate Wedding Dance
• My Aisling: Top Ten NFL Cheerleaders