The Doctor Patient Medical Association just completed a survey on doctors’ attitudes about the future of American medicine. The key findings included:
• 90% say the medical system is on the WRONG TRACK
• 83% say they are thinking about QUITTING
• 61% say the system challenges their ETHICS
• 85% say the patient-physician relationship is in a TAILSPIN
• 65% say GOVERNMENT INVOLVEMENT is most to blame for current problems
• 72% say individual insurance mandate will NOT result in improved access care
• 49% say they will STOP accepting Medicaid patients
• 74% say they will STOP ACCEPTING Medicare patients, or leave Medicare completely
...This, to me, is one of the most infuriating things about ObamaCare — health care is not a human right. As much as I would love it if health care existed in a vacuum, it doesn’t. Health care is the product of people’s labor, and therefore nobody is entitled to it.
The operating term is tyranny. If someone can compel you -- through force of law -- to give them your labor, then you are not a free man (or woman).
The American Revolution was fought over less.