Guest post by Allan Erickson of Clash Daily
Actual quotations or paraphrases from former speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi (D-CA):
• Unemployment benefits are the best form of economic development.
• The IRS admission it illegally targeted conservative groups is the fault of the Supreme Court.
• ObamaCare is responsible for bringing down the deficit.
• We have to pass the bill (ObamaCare) to see what’s in it.
• The Tea Party is astroturf.
• Every week we don’t pass a Stimulus package, 500 million Americans lose their jobs.
• I believe in natural gas as a clean, cheap alternative to fossil fuels.
• We don’t have a spending problem.
• The CIA misleads us all the time.
• I didn’t know about torture. Bush tricked us. OK, I did know but I didn’t think it mattered because it worked, but now I’m definitely against it, although I didn’t know it was going on.
• Enforcing immigration laws is un-American.
Editor's postscript: And to think, Pelosi is what passes for an intellectual in the modern Democrat Party.
Hat tip: BadBlue.com/Guns.