The news aggregator TrendingRight.com has undergone a major transition. The name has changed to BadBlue (accessible via http://badblue.com or http://larwyn.com). There are many enhancements that should make it much more relevant and useful for discovering the hottest news stories of the hour.
• A new algorithm levels the playing field for news sources of all sizes - the new link-finding algorithm allows a small blog to achieve front-page status by automatically adjusting the popularity of stories based upon Alexa traffic rankings. A story at a tiny blog, for instance, that gets re-tweeted 10 times, could be equivalent to 60 re-tweets of a story at a major newspaper. You'll notice that the current front page has links from blogs of all sizes.
• New Drudge-style layout - rather than a single column of stories, there is a cleaner-looking, Drudge-style layout that should make it easier to read.
• Pictures! - the new layout thumbnails images from stories to make it easier to figure out what a story is about.
• Fresher news - links are refreshed more frequently.
• Twitter and RSS support - unlike the prior version, you can follow BadBlue on Twitter (@BadBlueNews) or RSS.
• Comment support - the permalink page for each story includes a comments section (with easy social network sign-on supported), so it's easy to make fun of left-wing hacks without visiting one of their sites.
In short, Biff Spackle is standing by in the comments section, waiting to hear your feedback: positive, negative or just, eh, it's okay. If you like it, remember to bookmark the website -- it should provide some of the freshest news stories you'll find anywhere.
So please check it out and let Biff know what you think. He's emotionally quite sensitive, so be gentle.