Saturday, June 22, 2013

A New Google Maps Debuts on an Invitation-Only Basis

I just received my invitation to try a new version of Google Maps and am very pleased thus far. Here's a quick look (click to enbiggaplode):


Initial take:

• The dramatically increased screen real estate devoted to the map is excellent.

• Search results for local businesses seem improved.

• The user interface and navigation are further streamlined and impressively easy to use.

In short, great job by Google's engineers in improving an already excellent product.


Hat tip: BadBlue Tech News.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea, great, pretty soon they'll be flying drones and offering 360 degree views because of reviews like this. Just what I F'n want, OOgle trucks running past my rural property video taping everything in sight. Go to hell Google, leave me alone.

Anonymous said...

Agreed, Anonymous. My only thought after reading the article was, "Yeah...but it's Google".

Technophobia is rearing its ugly head. It's not just the fear of the technology itself, it's the stark terror of realizing who is in charge of it.

creeper

Anonymous said...

"Don't Be Evil - lol"
The new motto

Anonymous said...

I dont google