Interviewed last night on the Mark Levin Show, former New York Lt. Governor and current legislative expert Betsy McCaughey offered several startling insights into the catastrophic Rubio-Schumer Amnesty bill.
1. The word comprehensive is a synonym for unread.
2. Sec. 2106 of the bill outsources the job of guiding aliens through the amnesty process from DHS to Democrat front groups. These partisan, activist groups -- like La Raza and the SEIU -- are certain to utilize the aliens for their own (likely illegal) voter registration and absentee ballot schemes to benefit the progressive agenda.
McCaughey says that this particular section of the bill will "be the end of the two party system in America."
Funding for these groups comes from the American taxpayer. Worse yet, these left wing activitists effectively become a fifth branch of government, performing many of the roles that the Department of Homeland Security and Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) perform today.
3. Sec. 2531 of the bill sets up a "Citizenship Foundation" run by another bunch of community organizers. This foundation will develop "citizenship preparation" programs to teach American history and civics. Suffice it to say that these new educational materials will teach the progressive agenda and dependence on government; not the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, private property rights and the beauty of the free market system.
4. A TV ad starring Marco Rubio insists that aliens with provisional status will have to support themselves. That's a lie: Sec. 245C(b) of the bill waives the "public charge" requirement for the unemployed, students, those in job training, those caring for a child, and anyone over 60. Which means no one will be required to support themselves and virtually every alien will be permitted to begin drawing tens of thousands of dollars each year in federal benefits.
5. Finally, many of the bill's key provisions are described as "emergency legislation". This is Congress' method for avoiding its own "Pay As You Go" law (which requires that mandatory spending programs are offset by reductions in other programs or tax increases). Amnesty is anything but an "emergency".
I'll put it simply, in terms even Johnny Boehner, Paul Ryan, Marco Rubio, and Mitch McConnell can understand: anyone who supports this madness is a traitor to the American citizenry.
As Karl Denninger puts it -- and McCaughey confirms -- this bill will destroy America.
Contact your Senator now and demand that they kill this bill. Before it kills us.