How did I miss this before? And what in the name of Jeremiah Wright was he doing visiting with Ayers last year?
Barack Obama on The O'Reilly Factor (9/10/2008):
OBAMA: In both his case and Father Pfleger's case, they've done great work in the community, and I worked in some very poor communities. That's how I got to know these folks because I was working in these neighborhoods. Now, on this Ayers thing, would you — you know, you've been hyping, Bill, pretty good.
O'REILLY: Not that much. You know, you were on the Woods Foundation.
OBAMA: Well, but here's the bottom line.
OBAMA: This guy did something despicable 40 years ago.
O'REILLY: You know, he did something despicable last week. He said he didn't do enough bombings. That's last week.
OBAMA: I haven't seen the guy in a year-and-a-half. But…
[Ed: That would be March of 2007!]
O'REILLY: But you know who he was. He's on the Woods Foundation board. You know he…
OBAMA: Let me finish my point, all right? Here's a guy who does something despicable when I'm 8 years old.
Ayers says that everyone knew he was a terrorist and Marxist during the time he worked with Obama!
Anyone care to ask why Obama was meeting with Ayers in 2007?
• Ayers, Obama and the Annenberg Records: Not Just "A guy who lives in my neighborhood"
• Annenberg Files reveal Obama, Ayers worked closely
• Chicago TV in 2000: Obama admits Ayers launched his career
• Dead Cops, Dead Marines... and Their Killers
• Obama and Communism: Ayers, Dohrn and FARC
• Obama's problematic directorship: the Woods Fund