• Daily Kos: "There are quite a number of extremely troubling links between Sarah Palin and neopentecostal dominionists."
Won't you please donate $25, $10 or even $5 to help defeat the neopentecostal dominionists?
• Mudflats: "[Palin] is also sueing [sic] the federal government over listing the polar bears as a threatened species. The science was even compelling enough to convince the Secretery [sic] of the Interior that the bears needed to be listed."
The science was not compelling enough, however, to convince Mudflats to consult a book on diction.
• Crooks & Liars: "She’s sorta McCain’s ultra-conservative version of Obama. She’s Change he can tout against Obama’s. Maybe not so much change Alaskans fully believe in, though - her share of the vote dropped by 7.6% in 2006."
The aptly named Crooks & Liars somehow omits the fact that Palin dropped from 90% to 82.4%... hehe!
• Crooks & Liars (reprise): "Watch out, Cindy - you know from experience your man has a wandering eye."
• The Associated Press: "She has more experience catching fish than dealing with foreign policy or national affairs."
As opposed to the "community organizer" who spent nearly all of his short time in Washington running for President.
• New Republic: "Could Sarah Palin conceivably manage [the Presidency]? Her tenure as a small-town mayor and Alaska governor has given her no foreign policy experience whatsoever. True, Obama has little foreign policy experience either, as McCain and others have pointed out again and again. But during his time in national office he has demonstrated a clear commitment to the most pressing issues in American foreign policy."
Like supporting the "General Betray-us" gang, choosing the wrong course in Iraq and giving speeches to adoring throngs in Berlin.
• Andrew Sullivan in the Atlantic: "Yes, Obama is inexperienced in foreign policy. But at least he has thought seriously about it. Do you really believe that Sarah Palin understands the distinctions between Shia and Sunni, has an opinion about the future of Pakistan, has a view of how to exploit rifts within Tehran's leadership, knows about the tricky task of securing loose nuclear weapons?"
Because over the last two years, while Barack Obama was busily running for president, he was also secretly exploiting rifts in Tehran's leadership and running a covert nuclear cleanup program.
• Ben Smith at Politico: "Barack Obama seemed to distance himself from his campaign's first, harshly critical response to the Palin pick... 'I think that...campaigns start getting these hair triggers and the statement that Joe and I put out reflects our sentiments,' he said... apparently criticizing his staff for going overboard, as he did occasionally in the primary."
Obama seems to have trouble getting good help: those pesky aides keep causing him no end of problems.
Best comment so far (Mark 5.56 on CSmonitor):
First off, anyone that thinks Sarah was chosen to capture the lost Hillary vote, please raise your hand so we can all laugh at you
We now have a GOP ticket, which has more executive experience on the bottom than the top of the DNC ticket,
Anyone wonder why she was chosen?
For starters, want to take bets that Bill Burton is looking for a job quietly in a few weeks, he left Obama high and dry on this one, they did not even have a contingency plan, left the whole team scrambling, Obama has proven that not only can he not compose a text message, but that strategy and waging campaigns are also above his pay grade. do we relay want to put someone that missed this one so badly at the table with Putin and Mahmoud Ahmadinejad?
...After months of planning, millions spent, 87,000 people standing in a 2 mile long line to see Osama in a Greek temple with fireworks, a star studded cast, and on the anniversary of the inspirational “I have a dream” speech, and 16 hours later, if you do a google news search, you get a full page of “Sarah Palin” all Obama can say, with a glazed look in his eyes while stuttering was, “she is like George Bush.”
If you are pro Obama, study up on “live birth abortion” (an issue that even makes pro-choicers squeamish) because his votes on the issue are going to be right in his face before he has even shaken off this last blow, guess who is uniquely qualified to bring this one to the forefront?
Far beyond all that, what she has done is to fire up the base, I was just voting against Obama but now I am now excited about voting McCain/Palin!
• Richard Baehr: "...let Obama and his minions say she is not qualified, with no experience. She has run a state and Obama has run nothing (but he has run very hard for office)."
• Ed Lasky: "She ran a business successfully; she has run a state successfully; she can play up the energy issue and become the czar... She even has a kind of national security credibility, governing next to Russia."
Linked by: A Blog for All. Thanks!