Chicago is, for all intents and purposes, a "human hunting preserve" for the dark side of society.
And while the Mayor and the Police Chief attack the Second Amendment right of citizens to protect themselves from evil-doers, it seems that Mexican drug cartels are setting up shop in a fertile new territory.
Chicago’s new Public Enemy No. 1: ‘El Chapo’
(CNN) — The Chicago Crime Commission named a new Public Enemy No. 1 on Thursday, a designation originally crafted for Al Capone. The new holder of this dubious distinction, however, is not American nor believed to be in the United States. He is Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman, the infamous Mexican drug lord who is Chicago’s most wanted because his Sinaloa cartel supplies a majority of the narcotics in the city.
Not since Capone “has any criminal deserved this title more than Joaquin Guzman,” commission President J.R. Davis said in a news release. “Guzman is the major supplier of narcotics to Chicago. His agents are working in the Chicago area importing vast quantities of drugs for sale throughout the Chicago region and collecting and sending to Mexico tens of millions of dollars in drug money.”
And what is Chicago's police chief doing about this? As you'd expect, he's attacking law-abiding citizens:
[Police Chief Garry McCarthy] is an unhappy camper about “gun rights advocates” embarrassing him and making him look like a fool as he goes about his merry way running CPD into the ground and demonizing gun owners along the way.
Yes, indeed, Guns Save Life is on his radar and under his skin and he’s launched a direct attack at little old us, which officially kicks off this Sunday at 7:00a.m. by accusing us of corruption.
So people who stand up for the United States Constitution -- the nation's highest law that officials like McCarthy are supposed to honor -- are "corrupt"?
And who is Chicago police chief Garry McCarthy? Some paragon of virtue?
- the guy who claimed that he would train his officers to shoot licensed civilians with guns
- the guy who claimed a couple of tables full of evil “black guns” were confiscated in the first days of the 2013 when the press noticed the evidence tags were from prior years
- the guy who was found “guilty” in March 2006 over an traffic altercation he had in 2005 with two New Jersey police officers
- the guy who was also out drunk again on City Island one evening was shooting out street lights with two other police officers, one of whom was McCarthy’s brother, a New York State Trooper
- the guy who at the same streetlight assassinating incident used the word “n***er” in telling nearby residents to mind their own business, nearly causing a riot
- the guy not-so-affectionately known as McSh**ForBrains to his officers
Quite a moral authority.
But, please, citizens of Chicago. Don't worry about the Mexican drug cartels setting up shop in your city. First off, the border is "as secure as it's ever been" according to the geniuses responsible for national security in the Obama administration.
Second, Garry McCarthy is all over the problem, visiting radio stations to demonize law-abiding citizens.
Hat tip: BadBlue Guns.