I gleaned some interesting news from this Fox News Baltimore report that appears relevant to our ongoing discussion of the debt, personal responsibility, and Joe Biden's mullet:
• Vans are driving around Baltimore offering free "Obamaphones", which you -- the beleaguered taxpayer -- are funding
• The phone program is, in the words of the report, "completely out of control, not just here in Baltimore, but all over the country"
• Baltimore resident Monique Crawford says that she has "30 phones, and all of them are [turned] on"
• She was able to get each one in "five, ten minutes."
• Private, prepaid cellphone companies are giving away phones to people in Baltimore and dozens of other cities... all paid for by you.
• In Baltimore, the number of Obamaphone subscribers has ballooned from 6,000 in 2008 to 231,000 in 2011
• Some residents just stand in line for phones, and then sell them to drug dealers
Buried in each of our monthly cellphone bills is line-item called a "universal access fee", which is helping to fund this insanity.
Isn't a giant, bloated, corrupt and unaccountable federal bureaucracy grand?
This administration needs to go.