Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Line o' the Day: The Community Organizer vs. the Mayor


Sara Palin (via Blue Grass, Red State):

I had the privilege of living most of my life in a small town. I was just your average hockey mom, and signed up for the PTA because I wanted to make my kids’ public education better. When I ran for city council, I didn’t need focus groups and voter profiles because I knew those voters, and knew their families, too. Before I became governor of the great state of Alaska, I was mayor of my hometown. And since our opponents in this presidential election seem to look down on that experience, let me explain to them what the job involves.

I guess a small-town mayor is sort of like a ‘community organizer,’ except that you have actual responsibilities.

Ouchie! He's going to feel that in the morning.

No comments: