Thursday, April 30, 2009

Grandma's birth control


Sue sent this one in.

The doctor that had been seeing an 80-year-old woman for most of her life, finally retired.

At her next checkup, the new doctor told her to bring alist of all the medicines that had been prescribed for her.As the young doctor was looking through these, his eyes grew wide as he realized she had a prescription for birth control pills.

"Mrs. Stone, do you realize these are birth control pills?"

"Yes, they help me sleep at night."

"Mrs. Stone, I assure you there is absolutely nothing in these that could possibly help you sleep!"

She reached out and patted the young Doctor's knee.

"Yes, dear, I know that. But every morning, I grind one up and mix it in the glass of orange juice that my 16-year-old- granddaughter drinks. And, believe me, it helps me sleep at night."

No comments: