Monday, October 05, 2009
Fail Blog: Central Planning Edition
Consider the track record of the Central-Planner-In-Chief:
• The results of the ill-fated $787 "Stimulus" package?
• The First-time Home Buyers' Tax Credit?
• Nationalizing GM and Chrysler, while abrogating bankruptcy laws to reward major campaign contributors like the union bosses?
• Allowing the Treasury Department (a wholly owned subsidiary of Goldman Sachs) and the Federal Reserve to artificially and illegally prop up the country's "too-big-to-fail" banks?
• Attempting a takeover of 17% of the economy through creation of a government-run health care system?
You'd have thought the fall of the Soviet Union would have taught the would-be central planners the futility of Politburo-style orchestration of the economy.
But, then, you'd be thinking rationally, unlike the Obama-Pelosi-Reid Democrats who are -- intentionally or not -- destroying the American economy.
Remember their outrageous failures. And vote accordingly in 2010.