President Obama received another in-kind donation from CBS News tonight in the form of a fawning 60 Minutes interview by "journalist" Steve Kroft. If that is his real name.
Kroft apparently had a brief case of amnesia and forgot about a few mildly important issues:
• The increasing calls for Eric Holder's resignation and/or impeachment for Operation Fast and Furious, etc.
• The newly revealed Obamacare emails that appear to show Elena Kagan lied under oath
• The catastrophic failure of MF Global, headed by none other than one of Obama's leading fundraisers, John Corzine
• The billions in "green energy" funds that went to Obama's fundraisers and political cronies, Solyndra being only the most visible example
• The "historic" $4.2+ trillion budget deficits thanks to Obama's disastrous stimulus debacle and the Democrats' failure to pass a budget for 1,000+ days
Obama has blamed the weather, earthquakes, ATMs, and the Internet -- among other things -- for the bad economy. In the Kroft interview, he said, "I'm being judged against the ideal. And, you know, Joe Biden has a good expression. He says, 'Don't judge me against the Almighty, judge me against the alternative.' "
There he goes again, comparing himself with God.
No, Mr. President. Our ideal is Ronald Reagan who, having inherited a far worse recession than you, had the economy rockin' and rollin' at the exact same point in his presidency.
Hat tip: BP.