While the Middle East erupted, President Obama watched a whole lot of football this weekend: According to White House press reporter Amy Gardner, the President watched "a [whole] lot of football".
8. And he pretends he's going to work on Saturdays and instead watches 'Homeland': "While Michelle and the two girls go play tennis on Saturday afternoons, I go in the Oval Office, pretend I’m going to work, and then I switch on ‘Homeland.’"
Between the football, the Homeland, the golf, Letterman, Jay-Z, Beyonce and other fundraisers, it's a wonder he has any time for intelligence or economic briefings. Oh, you say he doesn't have time for those? Gotcha.
7. Oops. Former DNC Head Crazy Howard Dean Admits Obama at Fault for Rupturing Alliance With Israel: In an interview, Howard Dean accidentally blurted out the truth:
Because it’s incredibly foolish for one of our critical allies to make that relationship worse. My guess is the personal relationship between Netanyahu and President Obama is not all that good. I think most of that has to do with President Obama. If you look back at our relationship with Israel, which is historically incredibly strong and remains strong, this is really a personality problem.
After the usual cattle-prod and taser treatment, Cory Booker-style, Dean appeared in a hostage video walking back his statement.
6. Mitt Romney is not getting the intelligence briefings his predecessors received.
So why hasn't Mitt Romney received the same courtesy? According to a spokesman for the Director of National Intelligence, it's a matter of "logistics."
5. The Obama administration has refused to rule out Sharia Blasphemy Laws. It's that pesky First Amendment again! Thomas Perez, Obama's assistant attorney general for the Civil Rights Division, refused to say on the record that the DOJ won’t try to criminalize blasphemy in the future.
4. In Pakistan, "Gunmen" opened fire on a bus full of nuns: A gunman opened fire on a van in Hyderabad that was carrying nuns and other women, wounding the driver. Also in Hyperabad, an unknown gunmen opened fire on the St. Xavier church also in Hyderabad, killing one. I, for one, suspect Militant Quakers are behind these attacks.
3. Netanyahu On US Embassy Attacks: ‘You Want These Fanatics To Have Nuclear Weapons?’. It's a simple question. And one that no one on the Democrat side of the aisle seems to want to answer.
2. As for turning around the perception of the United States by "the Arab Street"...? Yes, that too is an epic fail... it's now lower than that of the evil Booooooosh.
1. Unbelievably, the Obama administration states it's "very proud" of its foreign policy record. Perhaps World War III would mark a bigger success.
We are happy to debate — and there is certainly ample time and appropriate time to debate foreign policy approaches, this president’s record on foreign policy,” [White House spokesman Jay] Carney told reporters during the press briefing when asked if the attacks stemmed from “perceived American weakness” that stems from Obama’s leadership. “We’re very proud of the president’s record on foreign policy and are happy to make the case at the appropriate time.”
Just wondering:how many Nobel Prize Winners have touched off a World War?
Talk amongst yourselves.