Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Full Disclosure [TheBad]

TheBad:

In light of recent disclosures from Congressman Weiner regarding photos of his wiener, I felt compelled to also disclose my indiscretions.

I fully and freely admit that I have, in my life, taken lewd photos and videos of myself. I have sent these digital files to women. All were of consenting age, and all were consenting to receive these images. Regrettably, I sent many of these while simultaneously maintaining a monogamous marriage. I was also in my twenties and not entrusted with running the government.

Anthony Weiner is his mid-forties, recently married, is an elected government official, and acting like a dumb-ass who just turned 21 last night. My next birthday will be my 40th, and I left this sort of behavior behind more than a decade ago. I wasn’t recently married either. Back when I was behaving badly, it was because I was unhappy in my marriage, young, having no children and making more money than I needed. As such, I was free to act like an ass – especially since what I did with my life had no salient consequence for the country in general.

I don’t minimize my behavior for rationalization. Merely, I offer my testimony as a contrast to the Congressman who has chosen not to resign. He has lied to his constituents. He has lied to America. He has voluntarily chosen his own interests above those whom he has been elected to serve. I, as will most Americans, own up to my failures and accept the consequences of my actions. When it comes to progressives, two tears and 30 minutes of apologies are enough to put it all behind us with no consequence whatsoever.

Sure, I don’t intend to run for or hold public office, so my disclosure here means next to nothing. If this were to be sent to the head office of my employer, they wouldn’t care at all. That’s because my employer isn’t the American taxpayer. My on-the-job decisions are dictated by the corporation. Should I break from the corporate rules, I am subject to immediate termination. Such is the way with Congressman Weiner. This behavior is not acceptable and the pink slip better be coming.

What I find equally infuriating is the hypocrisy among the left regarding Weiner. His defense from the web to MSNBC was remarkable. Now, after he has admitted lying all the while, the usual media suspects continue to defend and espouse equivocation regarding his behavior. These same yes-people would be the very first to report and publish my indiscretions from my twenties if I ran for office, and would endlessly pontificate on my disqualification of office as such. Yet, the same indiscretions of someone already in office yield no such analysis.

Consider the outrageous hypocrisy: that Weiner can survive this and retain his office due to the partisan political duplicity of the left. When will liberal Americans wake up and realize that people who behave like this are not interested in anything other than themselves?

Can they not see that they, too, are expendable in the minds of our Democrat "ruling class"?


No comments: