Although I was an Instagram fan, once [Facebook] bought the company, I stopped using the app (there are lots of alternatives)... This morning, I was reading the latest terms of service for the photo app — and they are nothing short of insane.
1. Instagram can share information about its users with Facebook, its parent company, as well as outside affiliates and advertisers.
2. You could star in an advertisement — without your knowledge.
3. Underage users are not exempt.
4. Ads may not be labeled as ads.
5. Want to opt out? Delete your account.
Number five turns out to be a great idea — this morning, I deleted my Instagram account. At this rate, its only a matter of time before Facebook gets deleted.
Hat tip: BadBlue Tech News.