5. Violent crime rates tracked by "Right-to-Carry" (RTC) States vs. non-RTC. RTC states are significantly safer:
4. Compared to 25 other "First World" (OECD) countries, the United States has very few robberies.
3. Compared to all other United Nations' members, the U.S. murder rate is extremely low (and far lower if you pull out "gun-free" zones like Chicago and Washington, D.C.).
2. Gun ownership in the U.S. is literally off the charts, which validates Dr. John Lott: more guns yield less crime (or, as Heinlein put it, "An armed society is a polite society").
1. And, finally, for global homicide rates, the United States ranks on the low end of the spectrum. And, again, if "gun-free" zones like Chicago, Washington, D.C., and New York City were pulled from the data, the U.S. would be among the safest countries on Earth.
Bonus: From 2007-2010, if you wanted to avoid a mass-murder incident, domestic violence or general violent crime, you'd be far better off living in a right-to-carry state.
The Executive Summary:
Based on the crime data presented in this article — again, all the data come from countries and organizations supporting the most extreme forms of gun control — the gun-ban movement promotes a fatally flawed agenda whose outcome includes:
• More women raped;
• More blacks murdered;
• More people experiencing fear;
• More school children murdered;
• And the individual’s civil rights infringed.
If civilian disarmament is a righteous, caring agenda, why must gun-control advocates manipulate their own data to manufacture “proof” of its validity?
And what kind of empathetic people exploit the occasion of murdered children and a distraught public as the proper time to ask for support of their agenda?
We know precisely what kind of "empathetic people" exploit murdered children to pursue their Statist agenda. We call them "Democrats".
Hat tip: BadBlue News.