Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Judicial Watch announces its "Ten Most Wanted Corrupt Politicians" for 2008
Can I have the envelope please, Vanna? And the winners are:
10. Hillary Clinton: "...corrupt behavior... follows Hillary wherever she goes, including Chinagate, Filegate, pardons for terrorists, pardons for cash (for her brothers), White House fundraising coffees, Whitewater, Travelgate lies, doing business with the State of Arkansas while her husband was governor, Web Hubbell, smear campaigns, false financial disclosure forms, John Huang, Chinese generals, the Lippo Group, paid sleepovers in the Lincoln Bedroom, cattle futures fraud, and stealing White House furniture..."
9. Chris Dodd: "...Dodd's willingness to protect Fannie and Freddie would alone merit a spot on the 'ten most corrupt list,' but there is much more. Dodd was also nabbed for accepting preferential treatment and loan terms from Countrywide Financial..."
8. Valerie Jarrett: "Jarrett [managed] a controversial low-income housing project located in Obama's former state senate district... [the] complex was considered 'uninhabitable by unfixed problems, such as collapsed roofs and fire damage... In 2006, federal inspectors graded the condition of the complex an 11 on a 100-point scale -- a score so bad the buildings now face demolition.' ...According to documents uncovered by Judicial Watch, Jarrett is also linked to a series of other shady real estate scandals involving convicted felon and former Obama fundraiser Antoin "Tony" Rezko..."
7. Rep. Jerry Lewis: "...Lewis, the senior Republican on the House Appropriations Committee, is under investigation for approving hundreds of millions of dollars in federal projects to benefit clients of one of his best friends..."
6. President-Elect Barack Obama: "...[his campaign was] marked with enormous corruption issues, ranging from its alliance with the sleazy ACORN operation's 'voter registration' and 'get out the vote' efforts to its acceptance of untraceable [and] illegal online contributions. There are also ...dealings with convicted felon Tony Rezko and unrepentant terrorist William Ayers, his below-market rate mortgage loans, his stock dealings and related "earmark" votes in the U.S. Senate, and his missing or non-existent official papers from his years in the Illinois State Senate..."
5. Nancy Pelosi: "...Last year... Pelosi made the "most corrupt" list for sneaking a $25 million earmark for her husband into a $15 billion Water Resources Development Act passed by Congress. This year, Pelosi ran afoul of federal election law by participating in an illegal advertising campaign funded by Al Gore's non-profit Alliance for Climate protection..."
4. Charles Rangel: "...failure to pay taxes on $75,000 in rental income he earned from his off-shore rental property; his efforts to use his influence to keep hold of highly coveted rent-controlled apartments in Harlem; and misusing his congressional office to fundraise for his private Rangel Center. Now Congress is looking into whether or not Rangel preserved a tax loophole for an oil drilling company in exchange for funding..."
As they say on the really good blogs (but I'm not bitter), read the whole thing.