Thursday, March 04, 2010

A Love Letter To Conservatives

By Beth

As someone on the receiving end of what is produced by the most talented and best educated (in the truest sense) conservatives, I would like to express my gratitude and admiration for those whose voices have most influenced me. I am just one of millions across this wonderful country who have taken heart because we are so well represented by you.

I will never have the opportunity to thank you in person for exciting me with your ideas and humor, and calming me with your profound impact on the nation. Given the forces positioned historically and currently to corrupt, distort, and therefore transform our lives, our country, and the world, it is almost a miracle that all has not been lost. A scattering of conservative voices have been a surprisingly powerful bulwark.

With the ability to frame arguments around how man's condition defines what can or should be done in matters related to governance, conservatives have convinced us that their view is the most correct. And the good cheer that they bring to this task is remarkable. I would not attempt to name those most dear to me nor those recognized as principals in the movement, but it has occurred to me that there is a community I would like to single out. Because of those conservative instincts which are liberating and due to the nature of the medium in which they work, our bloggers exhibit the best humor and creativity, and have earned a special place in our hearts. Also they hammer our opponents relentlessly, which is truly appreciated.

So what are the millions of us doing with all of this information provided by columnists, authors, scholars, think tank fellows, talk-show hosts and bloggers?

We are arming ourselves with the truth and will make sure that it is represented in the historical record.

No longer will the left be able to bury the truth and promote their false narratives. We are keeping lists of who is doing what and we will safeguard what we know. The mask is coming off of those on the left and, like Mr. Emanuel, we know how to use a crisis. Our opponents would use the crisis of their making to enslave our children and our neighbors, while we will use it to educate and free them.

So finally, I return to those who have opened my eyes. Thank you. I cannot sufficiently express my appreciation and love for you. I have to admit that the emotional part of what I am experiencing is greater than I would have thought possible a year ago but I suppose that you understand. It's been quite a year.


No comments: