Friday, March 26, 2010

Obscure centrist blog breaks into Alexa's top 100K website ranking, shocking critics and defying Nancy Pelosi's double-secret probation

I want to thank my Mom, who pressed reload over one million times, to get me to this Alexa ranking:

In all seriousness, getting to a top 100K Alexa rating is quite a benchmark. There are a zillion folks who've been absolutely awesome over the thirty or so years I've been blogging. First off, the amazing Larwyn, who kept pumping me up with encouragement and advice when I had six regular readers (I'm up to eighteen now).

Major, major thanks go to the brilliant Michelle Malkin, the amazing Glenn Reynolds, the inspirational Hugh Hewitt, the incredible Jim Hoft, the genius John Hawkins, the outstanding Mark Tapscott, the stunning Anchoress, Thomas Lifson & Clarice Feldman, Roger L. Simon, Kim Preistap & Lorie Byrd, Andrew Breitbart, Don Surber, Dan Riehl, ReliaPundit, Fausta, Ed Driscoll, William A. Jacobson, Pundette, Rob Port, the peerless Rush Limbaugh, the great Mark Levin, Don Rickles' PR folks, Papa B, Dan from New York, Victor the Contractor and likely dozens of others I've inadvertently omitted.

In short, thanks. I'm on a mission to do my own tiny part to preserve the Republic. Just a warning: those who humor me are only encouraging this behavior.


12 comments:

Mark Fisher said...

long time reader first time poster, congrats =) i enjoy the blog and links you post everyday

Fausta said...

Fantastic, Doug. Congratulations!

SR said...

OUTSTANDING! Snooper Report is closing in! 337,848! LOL!

The blogprof said...

Be encouraged then! Congrats!

Dale B said...

You are an inspiration to those of us breaking into the political blogging arena. Thank you for all you do, and never give up the fight!

Adrienne said...

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy!

amlross said...

helloooo why don't you thank your daughter???

Kathy from Kansas said...

Kudos and hallelujah!
For what it's worth, I check your blog every single day, and I click on many of Larwyn's Links. I basically rely on you two and the Gateway Pundit as my "gatekeepers" who filter the kazillions of news data daily to pick out the few that are worth my time and attention.

Doug, your daily posts (is photo-essays the right word?) are simply the best. Brilliant, informative, attention-grabbing, thought-provoking and MEMORABLE--they really do stick in my mind. If this is true of everyone who sees them (I suspect it is), then you are making a huge difference in social/political consciousness in this country.

I forward more of your posts to everybody on my contact list than I do with posts from any other blog. (And of course I always give you credit and include your URL, so that if they like what they see, they'll be encouraged to come on over to the site!)

Keep up the great work. I don't know what I'd do without this blog.

Jim - PRS said...

Well deserved. Congrats.

The_Bad said...

Congrats Doug. Also, a correction: you're up to 19 readers - I have a split personality.

Noel said...

You deserve it!

Keep up the fine work.

RosalindJ said...

Congratulations. And you know you have way more that 18 readers. I hardly ever comment, but I recently joined FB & have linked you there.

I first noticed your blog on a referral from somewhere, and what caught my eye was the side bar: "Israel, What Really Happened". Lost the reference, but I tracked it back down to you, and have never looked back. Keep doing what you're doing.