As Dean of Harvard Law School, Elena Kagan banned military recruiters from campus because U.S. law said they couldn’t enlist homosexuals. Now, she invited the Saudis’ recruiters to promote their legal code, Sharia, which calls for homosexuals to be murdered and women to be treated like animals. If Kagan tolerates promoting the injustice of Sharia Law on the campus of Harvard, what kind of injustice will she tolerate in America during a lifetime on the Supreme Court?
That's an easy one.
She will be a rubber stamp for Barack Obama and the radical left's efforts to eradicate the last vestiges of the U.S. Constitution.
Consider the interplay between Sen. Tom Coburn and Kagan over a hypothetical question: whether the government could tell every American what they had to eat.
On Tuesday evening, Senator Tom Coburn (R-Okla.) posed a hypothetical question to Supreme Court nominee Elena Kagan: If Congress passed a law that said Americans "have to eat three vegetables and three fruits, every day ... does that violate the Commerce Clause?"
"Sounds like a dumb law," Kagan replied.
"Yeah, I got one that's real similar to it that I think is equally dumb," Coburn shot back, referring to Obamacare's mandate requiring individuals to buy health insurance. "I'm not going to mention which one it is."
Kagan couldn't answer the question. She couldn't bring herself to state, with all of her vast judicial experience, whether the Constitution allows Congress to pass a law that forces Americans to eat six servings of fruits and vegetables a day.
Lastly, in Kagan's estimation, the federal government has the right to ban books.
Elena Kagan argued on behalf of Citizens United essentially stating it would not be a violation of the First Amendment to have movies or even books banned. Of course, she only meant certain movies/books for specific times, but even so, I believe the point remains... all tyrants find a pretext for their tyranny. That tyranny may even begin with a humble, caring act, but one day we awake to find we have lost all freedom. When it comes to our rights, the freedom of speech is not one I am willing to mess around with. I could never support a Supreme Court nominee like Elena Kagan.
The stakes of this nomination could not be higher. Elena Kagan believes:
• That Sharia law should be effective in the U.S., but the military should not recruit on campus.
• That the federal government has unlimited power to control your lives, far beyond anything envisioned by the founders, including the right to tell you what to eat, when to sleep or anything else they might contemplate.
• And that Congress can ban books, movies, talk radio, or any other form of media.
Kagan has no business on the Supreme Court.
• Call 202-224-5225, the Republican office of the Judiciary Committee.
• Call 202-224-4280, the GOP office of the Constitution Subcommittee.
• Call 202-224-4124, Jeff Sessions, the ranking member for the GOP and tell him to knock some sense into Lindsey Graham.
• Call 202-224-5972, Lindsey Graham.
Tell them that he GOP must use every procedural tactic in the book to block this dangerous enabler of tyranny. Tell them why. And demand they stop this woman from destroying the Constitution.